My farm life best life… a simple n’ sweet life… that I wouldn’t change a single thing about. OK… maybe I’d like to change just ONE teeny tiny thing… and that is the size of our home… as it’s simply just nowhere near big enough for all the farmhouse furniture I dream of! Including my favourite EMPIRE BUFFET’S just like this one!
A lovely gal from my past ever-so-kindly contacted me to see if I might be interested in this piece. I’m soooo glad I took her up on her sweet offer… cuz mama mia! This piece! I knew instantly when I picked it up that I’d be transforming it BLACK or WHITE… and I had a tough time deciding which way to go! I even went so far to reach out to my social followers for their opinion… and 99% said BLACK. But there was this constant talk in my head that said WHITE FAYE… you have to paint it WHITE! I had just recently did a similar empire buffet in black… and with Spring springing I was aching for a LIGHT and FRESH piece!
follow along on
My farm chippy charm transformation process:
- Mended and repaired where needed ~ chipping and separating veneer
- Removed hardware ~ with plans for a far more charming set
- Filled some hardware holes ~ where I planned to replace handles with knobs
- Removed felt from drawer interiors ~ back then she felted, today she decoupages
- Disassembled mirror ~ worth the time and effort to ease product application
- Lightly sanded down piece ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied Homestead House Beeswax Distressing Block ~ To corners, edges and lines in hopes to achieve a chippy finish
- Applied 3 coats of Homestead House Milk Paint in the colour ‘Raw Silk’ ~ a farmhouse white with a slight undertone of grey. Pairs well with virtually any colour
- Force chiseled various areas ~ in hopes that it would chip… and it DID!
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Homestead House Hemp Oil ~ for a light water-resistant protectant
- Decoupaged drawers with Re-Design with Prima’s Dark Damask Decoupage Tissue Paper ~ oh em gee this pattern!
- Stamped sides of drawers with Re-Design with Prima’s Vintage Wallpaper Decor Stamp ~ because seriously how charming is this!
- Searched high and low for some vintage glass knobs ~ and finally found exactly what I was dreaming of at a lovely little Etsy Shop… Blackbird Hardware
OH EM GEE this piece! Had I not transformed it myself, I would SWEAR it was pulled right out of an old farmhouse! This one most def ticks all the farm charm boxes! Chippy finish, caster wheels, empire body, vintage glass knobs, endless drawer and cupboard space! Transformed in a chippy farmhouse white that is sure to brighten up any room in your home or cottage! AND if the piece itself isn’t enough to make you swoon, I assure you that the extra love I gave it with decor stamps and decoupaging on ALL of the drawers and even interior cupboard will have your farmhouse heart fluttering for days! As hard as it is for me to say… this Farm Chippy Charm is for YOU! If only I had the space!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Farm Chippy Charm ~ SOLD to Sandi ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 41″+16″ H x 52″ W x 22″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.