H E L L O Spring! Open and wash the windows, hang linens on the line, get rid of the clutter, go for a late afternoon stroll, enjoy the longer days, pick up the dog poo (lol), inhale, exhale! Springtime ~ an annual delight it certainly is! Here on our farm, the yard is a mess, our boots are caked in cow poo, and baby calves are being born every day… running around and jumping in the straw while their good Mama’s care for and watch over them!
Truth be told… on this FIRST DAY OF SPRING… I had every intention of washing my exterior windows, and picking up pails upon pails of dog poo… but instead I ended up doing what I naturally and LOVE to do almost every Saturday… and that was working on a furniture transformation… OH and I also went for a “quick” drive to pick up another piece (that I just couldn’t pass up). It’s OK… the windows and dog poo will still be there waiting for me tomorrow. 😉
Although this wasn’t the piece I was working on today, nor the one I picked-up… it’s the one that I now have ready for YOU!
follow along on
My Soft Sage Spring transformation process:
- Disassembled/removed mirror ~ worth the time and effort to ease product application
- Glued/fastened both mirror base and harp ~ were falling apart
- Removed original hardware from drawers ~ with plans to polish or paint
- Removed/replaced drawer bottoms ~ terribly warped, thus replacement required
- Stripped/sanded top ~ required due to extensive damage and water marks
- Repaired drawer front damage with Bondo Body Filler ~ a strong and extremely effective solution when wood filler simply isn’t enough
- Lightly sanded down piece ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied one coat of Zinsser B-I-N Shellac-Base Primer ~ to prevent highly anticipated bleed through
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Simplicity’ ~ a fantastic, pure white that can brighten up any piece and add serenity to your home
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint in a custom 50-50 colour blend of ‘Sage Advice’ and ‘Sunday Tea’ ~ a cottage style sage green, blended with a warm country greige
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to the entire piece ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Decoupaged drawers with Re-Design with Prima’s Dark Floral Tissue Paper ~ a delightful floral pattern that I felt was a lovely compliment for this transformation
- Applied Re-Design with Prima’s Never-Ending Story Transfer to the bare wood top ~ followed by 2 coats of poly for ultra protection
- Painted hardware with a base of 50-50 ‘Sage Advice’/’Sunday Tea’ followed by a coat of ‘Simplicity ~ lightly sanded to distress and sealed with poly for ultra protection
- Re-assembled mirror ~ and then it happened… I broke my first mirror… I know I know… I’m being pretty hard on myself about it… and will have to replace it if buyer doesn’t care for my mended attempt 🙁
HELLO Spring! Ahhhhh… inhale… exhale! Nothing beats fresh springtime prairie air am I right?! While I’ve been eagerly awaiting emerging flowers, hummingbirds, green grass, bumble bees, cattle out to pasture, and my hands in the dirt… I transformed this charming antique dresser for YOU with awakening Spring senses! Looking to add a soft sage, captivatingly coastal, charmingly chic, and springtime fresh addition to your home or cottage? Perhaps my choices for reawakening this timeless victorian is just the perfect size and feel for that special and sweet nook in your abode!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Soft Sage Spring ~ SOLD to Kathryn ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 32.5″+39.5″ H x 34″ W x 18″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️