Who here loves a charming touch of farmhouse green as much as I do?! If you’re looking to add a soft and subtle, yet prominent colour to your home or cottage — there’s no better way than to add a tranquil shade of sage green! 💚
When I came across this bleakly dark and dingy, yet charming antique… I instantly knew it would transform most pleasingly with a farmhouse green!
Although this piece exhibited a fair amount of damage, I wasn’t deterred and was anxious to get started! My restoration process:
- Removed one glass pane, and damaged mullion overlays from door openings ~ the mullions were joined with the door panels, which posed difficulty with removing… however nothing my awesome new rotary tool couldn’t handle
- Rebuilt broken leg with Bondo Body Filler ~ a strong and extremely effective solution when wood filler won’t do the trick
- Removed cut-out back, and replaced with a new full piece ~ hmmm… perhaps someone was once using this piece to hold a TV?!
- Removed doors, drawers, and all hardware ~ necessary step for a smooth and efficient transformation
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and cleaned entire piece ~ final prep before the real fun begins
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ to the interior ~ my forever go-to farmhouse white
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Sage Advice’ to the exterior ~ the most perfect farmhouse green
- Lightly sanded down for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I was after
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Natural Wax‘ to the exterior ~ which I find eases the application of coloured wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Antiquing Wax‘ to the exterior ~ to accentuate the charm, add some aging depth, and for light protection
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Hemp Oil’ to the interior for a protective and water-resistant surface ~ 100% all-natural sustainably sourced from Canadian farmers
- Cut and painted chicken wire with Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint in the colour ‘Antique Brass’ ~ to accentuate the brass hardware knobs
- Installed chicken wire to the door openings ~ easily enough with my handy staple gun
A soft sage farmhouse green paired with warm white, aged hardware, and rustic chicken wire — is so charming, calm and serene! Shelving plate grooves offer presumption that this piece was originally intended for china display. Pull-out drawers offer an extra-sweet space for tidily tucking away items. A soft and subtle yet prominent piece offering a wealth of storage and display options for ones’ home or cottage. Linen Cabinet | Book Case | Lavatory Cupboard | China Cabinet | Jelly Cupboard | Entryway Statement | Liquor Cabinet | Pie Chest | Nursery Furnish | AND MORE! Tenderly restored, transformed and accentuated for YOU!
❤ This Soft Sage Farmhouse Green Cabinet ~ SOLD to Jen ❤
DIMENSIONS: 62″ H x 42” W x 14” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️
Wowwww!!! Bravo! That’s gorgeous!
Awe Jessica! You are always so sweet! I truly appreciate you stopping by! Hope your summer is extra sweet! <3
Love your work! It’s like magic. Plus, you’re really nice. Thank you- I love summer.
As always, another beautiful job Faye!
Thank you so very much Audrey! This piece was a WORKOUT… but sooooo enjoyable, and I feel very worth it! <3