For those that might follow my furniture portfolio, you’ll know there are a few colours that I tend to always go with — my safe zone. My safe zone also happens to be colours that I can envision in our own home… colours that I personally love, and perhaps others will to.
Just the thought of stepping outside of my safe zone gives me butterflies… but when I simply could NOT choose a colour for this lowboy dresser that I stared at for days, I put up my hands and said to myself:
“To heck with it… I’m going to paint this dresser in a colour that I would NEVER choose, and see what happens. Have some FAITH Faye!”
My transformation with much anxiety, and a whole lotta faith:
- Removed drawer hardware ~ with plans to transform and maintain
- Wood-filled and sanded chipping n’ bubbling veneer on top and drawers ~ easy peasy fix folks… don’t let damaged veneer deter you!
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and cleaned ~ final prep before the real fun begins
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint‘ to the entire piece in the colour ‘Faith’ (limited edition) ~ a lovely terracotta-hued shade
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint‘ to the top, edges, feet, ornate accent, and hardware in the colour ‘Crinoline’ ~ one shade away from a pure bright white
- Lightly sanded down entire piece and hardware for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I was after
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Natural Wax‘ ~ which I find eases the application of coloured wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Antiquing Wax‘ ~ to accentuate the charm, add some aging depth, and for light protection
- Reinstalled hardware ~ so pleased to maintain
- Lined drawers with ‘Aspen Aloe’ Con-Tact self adhesive ~ a lil’ extra love goes a long way
An eye-catching addition showcasing 4 drawers in a terracotta-hued finish for your entrance-way, living-room or master-suite. Charmed with bun feet, caster wheels and dovetail drawers. A farmhouse-feel restoration ~ transformed and accentuated with much FAITH for YOU.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Dresser of Faith ~ SOLD to Tammy ❤
DIMENSIONS: 35.25″ H x 44” W x 19” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️
Oh my goodness, girl!!! Bravo to you for being brave!!! That is absolutely stunning!!!
Eeeks Jessica! Being brave wasn’t easy… but so glad I was, and now it will be easier to do so again and again! <3
I bet!! We seem to get so used to what we like and do, then stepping a little bit wider feels huge! This piece is gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what you make next. Love your before and after pictures.
Huge indeed! Thank you so very much Jessica! <3 🙂
You’re welcome! Hope you have a wonderful day!