When I came across this pair of step tables, although they looked as if they’d lost all their step, I knew that if I spent a little time with them, I could most certainly get them dancing once again! <3
Get this… I was a two-step and line-dance instructor for a short time MANY years back. Ya… for real! It was awesome fun! Although that was about 24 years ago, it only feels like a few years ago to me. Shortly into that time of my life, I met my now husband (my Farmer). And get this… he has 2 left feet — so needless to say, my dance instructing days ended rather quickly! Good lookin’ cowboys that couldn’t dance were WAY more fun than a dance floor! Ha! 😉
“Teach us how to two-step Faye!” — were the words I swore these 2 step tables were hollering at me when I walked past them. After a few easy and enjoyable steps, I had them OWNING the dance floor!
- Lightly sanded both pieces, and wiped down clean
- Stained and varnished table-top areas (that were once covered in leather pieces) with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colour ‘American Walnut’, and ‘Fast Drying Professional Clear Finish 1100 Satin Oil Based’
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in my favourite colour ‘Cheesecake’ ~ for the farmhouse white tone I was after <3
- Lightly sanded bodies with sanding block ~ for the distressed look I was after
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ and ‘Antiquing Wax’ to the bodies ~ for the aged look I was after
You should see these 2 tables dancing! Perhaps you have some room in your home for them to show off their restored dance moves?! These 2 tables are for YOU, and I’d <3 to see them dancing in your home! 🙂
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
Gorgeous Faye!!! I love the stained cutout on the top. ❤️
Thank you so much Aubrey! <3
Great job! You have a way of bringing out the charm is things. Love it.
Awe! Thank you so much! So many pieces still have so much charm left in them! Just takes a lil’ recognition, time and love to bring it back to them! <3
Love that you taught line dancing and two step. Bet that was really fun. Your tables are beautiful.
It was REALLY fun Jessica! Wish I hung onto all of the line dances I learned/taught… unfortunately my memory has only held onto 2 of them — the ‘Electric Slide’ (Achy Breaky Heart) and the ‘Leather Slap’ (Cadillac Ranch)… and the two-step dance I suspect my memory will onto forever! These 2 tables make an awesome two-step duo… they’re so happy to be dancing again! <3