I feel pretty special, and maybe even a lil’ spoiled! I’ve acquired many personal shoppers in the past few months — my Mom, some sis-in-laws, my couster… heck, I even have one of my daughters’ teenage friends keeping her eye open for thrift finds for me! Ha! And I thought I’d never have a personal shopper! Not only do I have one, I have several! 😉
A few days ago, my daughters friend texted a pic of a piece to me (while she was at one my fav local thrift stores), that she thought I’d like. At glance I wasn’t “all over it”… however later that day, I was in the area so I swung in for a quick look. And there it was — RIGHT beside the piece that was texted to me was this beyond charming corner hutch! Funny thing is that my daughters’ friend didn’t see it — oh my… now this piece I was ALL OVER! <3
Country Chic Paint recently launched their 2017 Fall / Winter Limited Edition Colour Line, which includes 6 fairytale inspired new hues that are sure to bring magic to homes! <3
As soon as I found this piece, I instantly knew that the limited edition colour of ‘Woodland’ — “a really nice deep olive green, that will make you feel as though you are walking through an enchanted forest” would be PERFECT for this hutch!
While transforming this piece, I most certainly did feel as though as I was walking through an enchanted forest! My magical process went like this:
- Cleaned piece thoroughly with TSP and water
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the new limited edition colour ‘Woodland’ to the exterior
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Sunday Tea’ to the interior ~ which was amongst charming additions to their new 2017 Standard Colour Line
- Lightly distressed areas for a natural wear / shabby chic effect with sanding block
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the exterior ~ for a protective and professional finish
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Tough Coat’ to the interior ~ for top-notch protection
Indeed a truly magical transformation! This renewed corner hutch is sure to make more of my dreams come true, and leave me with nothing but happy endings! I’ve kept this piece for ME, and it is a lovely addition to our dining room! <3
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
It is NOW, a very beautiful piece !
Thank you so much Libby! I am sooooo loving it in our dining room! <3