Well folks! If spring isn’t going to come this month, then I’m going to make my own spring! However… I must tell ya, that I’m the last lady on this planet that would complain about this extra moisture (or prolonged winter if you wanna call it that)! Here’s the thing… 2021 was year 4 of drought for the Interlake region in Manitoba. As a farmwife, I’ll take any kinda wet I can get at this point… if Mother Nature wants to pour sour milk from the sky, I’ll take it!
Ha! But seriously… spring ain’t happenin’ yet… it will however eventually… this I know with all certainty! But in the meantime… I’m making my own spring in my workshop… and I hope it brings as big of a smile and as much promise of hope to you as it has for me!
follow along on
My Coastal Corner Cupboard process:
- Removed hardware ~ with thought to polish or paint
- Disassembled glass doors ~ essential for a clean and proper transformation
- Lightly sanded down ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied one coat of ZINSSER B-I-N SHELLAC-BASE PRIMER to interior shelving and drawer ~ to prevent highly anticipated bleed through
- Applied 3 coats of of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘String of Pearls’ to the interior shelving, drawer, and hardware ~ a sophisticated pale green that looks white in most lighting
- Applied 3 coats of of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Dune Grass’ to the exterior ~ a beautiful duck egg blue with soft hints of grey and green
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 3 coats of Varathane’s ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Reinstalled glass doors ~ oh so carefully
Corner cupboards are that oh-so-special piece that can accommodate almost any nook in ones home or cottage — even the smallest of spaces! Lovely little cabinets that offer an abundance of storage and decor display without taking up too much space. This one I’ve overflowed for YOU with coastal cottage spring charm! Transformed in what I refer to the prettiest sea lyme grass colour on the planet! Pairs ever so lovingly with natural wood tones, wickers, and farmhouse whites! I tell ya… if I had extra space… even if that be in our barn, this sea lover would be MINE! Cuz honestly… just look how pretty my vintage Corelle Butterfly Gold settles into its’ bottom shelf!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Coastal Corner Cupboard ~ SOLD to Anna ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 70″ H x 34″ W x 20″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Shop Country Chic Paint Online
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️