What makes your heart sing?! I mean like really sing your entire heart out?! Like heart singing along with Juice Newton QUEEN OF HEARTS heart sing?! Well for me… it’s songs like… well… QUEEN OF HEARTS of course… annnnnnnnnd finding pieces of furniture that I know with all my heart will make for a lovely transformation. Like THIS one!
follow along on
My Chic Chiffonier Chest process:
- Removed original hardware ~ oh how my heart sings when ALL of the original hardware is intact… a rare and sweet occasion!
- Performed work-around for middle drawer that was missing side applique ~ restore it, don’t throw it
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of HOMESTEAD HOUSE Milk Paint in the colour ‘HOMESTEAD BLUE‘ to the entire piece ~ a muted teal with a hint of grey… I’ve recently acquired a new addiction to this spectacular colour
- Applied 2 coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT Chalk Style Paint to the drawer sides in the colour ‘ROCKY MOUNTAIN‘ ~ the perfect, charcoal grey colour; that I personally felt would pair so nicely with my primary colour choice
- Sanded down for a chippy and buttery smooth distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of FUSION ‘Stain & Finishing Oil (SFO)’ in the colour Cappuccino ~ a wood conditioner, stain and top coat all in one… I absolutely adore how this product finishes over top of milk paint
- Decor stamped drawer sides with Re-Design with Prima’s IMPERIAL CRACKLE with their COPPER ink ~ because drawer sides deserve to look and feel pretty too… am I right?!
- Applied 1 coat of my go-to Varathane ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) to the drawer sides ~ to protect my pretty
- Applied COUNTRY CHIC PAINT ‘Natural, Gold & Antiquing Wax’ ~ for some extra added richness
- Reinstalled original hardware ~ and accentuated with some gold wax
- Traced, cut and installed a new back ~ to my “surprise”, this piece was missing its’ back when I picked it up (ad DID NOT state this)
A chic chiffonier chest that is sure to make your heart sing! Like ‘Queen of Hearts’ sing! The only dresser of this unique statement style that I’ve come across to-date, and I certainly hope not my last! Transformed in a rich muted teal milk paint that quite literally makes my heart not only sing, but also skip several beats! Subtle and sweet chippy adorns this timeless tallboy in all the right places. Pairs ever-so-exquisitely with warm vintage tones, antique brass, terracotta, soft peach hues, copper, coral, wicker, and so many other farmhouse decor styles. A furniture flip by me for YOU that had my heart singing and soaring from start to finish!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Chic Chiffonier Chest ~ SOLD to Anita ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 46+5″ H x 38″ W x 20″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.