It’s been a long day, but a darn sweet one I tell ya! And a very WET n’ WINDY one here in friendly Manitoba CANADA! Despite the busy’ness of my day, and Mother Nature playing games yet AGAIN, I was bound and determined to picture and list this set for YOU today! So here I am just under the wire! 😉
Here’s the thing… I’m a woman of my word! Like over the top word! If I say I’m gonna do something, you can bet your bottom dollar I will! 4’ish+ weeks ago I posted this set with mention that it was coming April… and today is April 30 my farmhouse friends… despite Mother Nature treating us Manitoban’s with Feb/Mar weather all of April! BUT don’t fret! April showers (or Colorado Lows 3 weekends in a row) WILL bring May flowers!
Amidst our Manitoba April poo weather… I’ve been doing what I do… in every spare moment I can beg, borrow or steal… my latest being this timeless table set:
follow along on
My Charmed Cheesecake Couple process:
- Tried to remove wood knobs ~ but they simply wouldn’t come off!
- Lightly sanded down ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Heavily sanded tops ~ with plans for stain application
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Cheesecake’ to the bodies ~ the perfect creamy, farmhouse white
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Went to my local store for my go-to water-based poly ~ ugh they were out
- Purchased and applied an alternate water-based poly ~ ugh it yellowed my paint
- Waited for my go-to water-based poly for re-stock ~ good things can never be replaced
- Figured while I’m waiting I may as well fight removal, wood fill, and order far more charming hardware ~ cuz I simply can’t sit still while waiting for my go-to poly
- Applied 2 coats of of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Cheesecake’ to the bodies ~ only because I had to start all over… but that’s OK… cuz honestly hand painting furniture is therapy!
- Applied 2 coats of my go-to Varathane ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish (AND IT DOESN’T YELLOW)
- Conditioned, stained and varnished tops (colour ‘Jacobean’) ~ for a two-toned transformation
- Refreshed interior cupboards and drawers with Country Chic Paint HEMP OIL ~ slurp slurp!
- Purchased and installed new hardware I personally selected from from Lee Valley ~ Ummm… game changer!
- Decoupaged drawer sides with Re-Design with Prima’s WASHED DAMASK DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ a charming pattern that is most definitely my fav!
This set was VERY hard to pic my farmhouse friends! Don’t let the difference in stain colour from side-table to coffee-table deter you (I simply couldn’t capture it accurately)… this is a MUST SEE in-person set; to get the real farmhouse feel n’ deal! A back n’ forth re-do project this one most certainly was! HOWEVER… while waiting for product, I decided to change the hardware… and how sweet that turned out! Storage abundance, drawer openings from BOTH SIDES, subtle distress, durable tops, farmhouse white, timeless CHARM! My word… if only I had a room that could accommodate this tasty set. I however sadly don’t… thus… it’s for YOU! I soooo envision this cheesecake farm charm in someone’s cottage!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Charmed Cheesecake Couple ~ SOLD to Jane ❤️
SIDE TABLE: 22.5″ H x 22″ W x 26″ D
COFFEE TABLE: 19.5″ H x 42″ W x 20″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Shop Country Chic Paint Online
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️