I’m ELATED to finish up this 3-piece vintage bedroom suite this weekend! I had a goal to finish it before November hit, and I’m so happy I achieved that!
I typically am able to flip 2 pieces/month… so when I dove into this project, I knew it would take me at least 6 weeks to finish. But my word… so worth my time!
This double bed is the third piece of a three-piece suite I’ve flipped for YOU!
follow along on
My Bedford Suite ~ Double Bed process:
- Repaired, mended and sanded ~ appeared that someone had tried to “fix”… I was happy to step in
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of FUSION MINERAL PAINT in the colour ‘Bedford’ ~ a perfectly perfect muted grey-green with the softest undertone of yellow
- Lightly Sanded down for a buttery smooth finish ~ farmhouse fine
- Applied 3 coats of my go-to Varathane ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
This DOUBLE bed is the third and final piece of a 3-piece suite that I’ve transformed for YOU! A vintage set that I don’t dare break-up! Vanity, Lowboy, and Double Bed for your home or cottage! I searched high and low for what I felt was the most perfect colour for this suite! BEDFORD is the colour I chose ~ the most perfectly perfect muted grey-green with the softest undertone of yellow… in my humble opinion! I chose a colour that we would love in our own home… in case I don’t have success with selling all 3 pieces as a suite! Personally… I would accent this set with warm wickers, white farmhouse linens, sage greens, milk whites, antique brasses, and warm woods. Guest room? Daughters Room? Granddaughters Room? Where do you see this suite in your life? For our home, I see it in our daughters room… our daugher that grew up way too fast, lives away from home while in nursing… but comes home almost every weekend to see us. BUT… we have to put our daughter through nursing… so if you see this set in your home or cottage, I’m naturally happy to sell it to you. 😉 OH… and did I mention that this double-bed comes with rails (that I also painted), and the most delightful vintage brass metal spring?! Ya… I know… SWOONING!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Bedford Suite DOUBLE BED ~ SOLD to Diane ❤️
Includes: Head/Foot Board, Rails, Spring
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.