What do you think? What do you feel? What do you imagine? Do you ever ask yourself this?
“What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create.”
As time goes on, I find myself asking myself these questions more n’ more often. Not only in everyday life, but also with each and every piece of furniture that I restore and transform. With this vintage vanity:
— I thought that at one time, it served the purpose of a bedroom vanity very well.
— I felt that it didn’t have to remain as a bedroom vanity; after all, who today even wants a bedroom vanity?
— I imagined that as a little girl in the 20th century I would have loved this bedroom vanity, and as a woman in the 21st century I’d love this as 2 bedside tables.
follow along on
My Beach Breeze Bedsides process:
- Removed round vanity mirror (not pictured) ~ and gave it to my girlie, as she desired one on her living room wall decor
- Removed original hardware ~ with thought that I’ll either polish or paint
- Detached tables from vanity body ~ ever so carefully
- Filled detachment gaps with BONDO BODY FILLER ~ a strong and extremely effective solution when wood filler simply isn’t enough
- Heavily sanded down BONDO application ~ as smooth as possible
- Lightly sanded down remainder ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Happy Hour’ ~ a very soft minty green color that almost takes on a sea glass blue look in some light
- Painted original hardware with COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Simplicity’ ~ a clean, pure, crisp white
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 3 coats of my go-to Varathane ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ for top-notch protection
- Stencilled drawer-sides with Re-Design with Prima’s VINTAGE WALLPAPER decor stamps ~ a lovely pattern that I felt paired so nicely with this restoration
What do you THINK of this happy pair? What do you FEEL when you look at these blissful end tables? What do you IMAGINE for these two dainty darlings? Back in the 20th century, I would have loved to have had them as a bedroom vanity in my girlie bedroom. Today in the 21st century, I imagine them as bedsides in a cottage I only dream of. A set of beach breeze bedsides that ooze sea glass green/blue, pair ever so sweetly with layered whites and warm wickers, and fill you with warm and cozy thoughts, feelings, and imaginations . “What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create.”
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ These Beach Breeze Bedsides ~ SOLD to Barbara ❤️
Dimensions: 26″ H x 12″ W x 18″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.