What makes your <3 beat fast, your palms sweat, your knees weak, and your breathing rapid? Well for me, it’s my Farmer (a.k.a. my hubby)! There’s jus’ somethin’ about a strong, hard-workin’ man covered in mud, oil, and cow s#!t that does it for me! And on the rare occasion that he gets all cleaned up… DAMN he smells good! <3
BUT… my Farmer isn’t the only thing that gets my heart a pumpin’… just the thought of coming across an old abandoned farmhouse is enough to make my <3 jump right out of my chest! Although I have had a few such encounters, nowhere near enough! So what does a girl like me that dreams of shabby chic abandoned farmhouse finds?! She makes them herself! And that’s EXACTLY what I did with this lil’ antique writing desk I came across.
Now, I know and you should know that there are many antique pieces that shouldn’t be painted… however this lil’ ‘guy’ wasn’t one of those. This lil’ ‘guy’ was a perfect candidate for a Country Chic Paint makeover!
Now you also now know that I like my man dirty, scuffed up, hard-worked, strong and shabby right?! Well… I like my furniture the same way! Furniture with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections — just as if it was pulled right out of an old abandoned farmhouse! Babump <3 Babump <3 Babump <3 !
So what did I do to transform this lil’ ‘guy’ into my kind o’ man?! It was simple my friends:
- Gave ‘him’ a very thorough and much needed clean
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Crackle Medium’ ~ to achieve the crackled paint effect I wanted for ‘him’
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in my favourite colour ‘Cheesecake’ ~ cuz I just can’t get enough cheesecake
- Lightly distressed areas that would’ve been subject to natural wear in ‘his’ past farmhouse, with a sanding block
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ to the entire piece, and buffed ‘him’ good… Babump <3
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the entire piece, and buffed ‘him’ again really good… Babump <3 Babump <3
And now we’re talkin’! This rugged lil’ ‘guy’ now looks like I just scooped ‘him’ up from an old abandoned farmhouse — dirty, shabby, hard-worked and chic… just as I prefer my man to be! <3
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
Love this one! The crackles are amazing!! As is your description of your love for your hubby. 😁❤️
<3 Thank you Briar! 😉 xo