“I’m a Thrift Store Shopping,
Chalk Paint Singing,
DO IT MYSELF,
Ya… that pretty much sums me up, for the past 7 months! This charming hobby that I’ve acquired has brought a whole new level of creativity to my life, and also what I consider the most perfect activity to relax and unwind! I simply can’t get enough of it, and I assure you there’ll be LOTS more of it to come… for me, and for you! <3
I had been keeping my eyes peeled for a hutch like this one for some time… and one fine day, there it was. Although not the most attractive piece in its’ past/original form (at least not in my humble opinion), I could certainly see the potential in it! A drab 80’s/90’s piece, albeit in very solid form holding characteristics that screamed FARMHOUSE to me! <3
Transforming this piece took a lil’ extra time and product than my other pieces to-date… but soooo worth it! Over a few late evenings, my smooth and enjoyable transformation went like this:
- Removed hardware and doors
- Lightly sanded down piece and gave it a thorough clean
- Removed dreadful pattern from glass door
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ to chosen areas
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Sage Advice’ to other chosen areas
- Lightly distressed areas that would be subject to natural wear with sanding block
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ to the entire piece, and buffed
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the entire piece, and buffed again
And TA-DA… a hutch that once screamed FARMHOUSE is now very much a farmhouse chic hutch, that has me screaming LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! <3
If you love the shabby farmhouse chic look as much as I do, then I know with much certainty you will LOVE this piece in your home, and I would LOVE for you to have it! 🙂
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
Now THAT is a transformation! Bravo. It is amazing.
Thank you so much Jessica! <3
You are welcome.
This turned out gorgeous!!
Thank you Briar! Yes… I’m very pleased with the turn-out! <3
I absolutely love it! It’s so beautiful! You did an amazing job!
Thank you so very much Mountain Mama! I’m over the moon about this piece! Then again… I’m over the moon about EVERY piece I have opportunity to turn into a piece with country chic character and sweet imperfections! <3
Your a very talented woman! I’m over the moon Enjoying all of your transformations! 😊
Awe! <3 Thk u so very much! U r very kind! <3 xo