I found this adorable vintage table n’ chair set online, and I just had to have it! Although years back this set would have been used as a ‘telephone table’, today it can be used as a versatile and most-charming decor accent in any home! And let’s face it — not many still have a landline telephone in their home! BUT that shouldn’t end the life of this enchanting set— rather, let’s restore it! <3
You know what’s REALLY fun about restoring pieces for others?! That I can safely step outside of my comfort zone and experiment with colours that I normally wouldn’t! And that’s EXACTLY what I did with this lil’ set… and I’m delighted by how it turned out, and I’ll most definitely use these colours on more pieces in the future!
My non-comfort-zone, but oh so exhilarating process went like this:
- Sanded down both pieces of set to remove as much of the dreadful gold paint that I could (unfortunately it was covered in this nasty choice of colour)
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the most vibrant and pretty red colour ‘Cranberry Sauce’ — let dry overnight
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Liquorice’ — let dry for 30 minutes
- Wet distressed both pieces of set (this step brought the red ‘Cranberry Sauce’ colour out from beneath the black ‘Liquorice’ colour… a new technique that I soooo loved the result of)
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the body
A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love & dreams. This charming lil’ table n’ chair is sure to bring MUCH love and beautiful dreams to your home! Pull out the chair, have a seat… love like the wind, and dream like they will all come true! <3
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
Wow!! How beautiful!
Thank you Jessica! <3
You’re very welcome.
Sorry I’m so late on reading.
Been reading books for a month instead of blogging. Got way behind on blog reading.