Buffets and sideboards are hands-down my favourite type of furniture to transform! Not only do they serve a multitude of uses in ones’ home… they also provide an abundance of extra storage. AND they are such lovely transformation candidates!
One drawback to buffets however is that they are typically quite grand in size, therefore requiring a fair amount of accommodating space. This one I came across though is far from the norm:
follow along on
My transformation process:
- Removed wood hardware ~ with plans to replace with something far more charming
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Wanderess’ to the body ~ a captivating, deep sea green
- Sanded body for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied Country Chic Paint Natural Wax to the body ~ which I find eases and tones down the application of dark wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint Black Wax to the body ~ for a charming timeworn effect and some aging depth
- Stained and varnished top and legs with Minwax, ‘Jacobean’ Wood Finish Stain, and Wipe-On Poly ~ for an eye-catching two-toned transformation
- Polished and installed replacement hardware ~ and this folks is why I never part with ANY hardware I come across
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Wanderess’ to the interior walls ~ cuz even the inside of this sweet lil’ sideboard wants to be pretty
- Applied 1 coat of Wise Owl Paint Furniture Salve in the scent ‘Riotous Rain’ to the interior walls ~ a magical product that I’ve been dying to try
- Decoupaged inside of cupboard and drawer with ‘Brown Traveler’ Scrapbook Paper ~ for a final sweet touch
From sad and bleak to farmhouse chic! A moderately sized buffet/sideboard, well-suited for even the smallest of spaces. Restored in a captivating deep sea green, accentuated with a two-toned transformation and strikingly aged replacement hardware. A lovely lil’ lady with long n’ lean legs that will undoubtedly make a luscious statement in the space you choose for ‘her’! How sweet she is.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Sweet Lil’ Sideboard ~ SOLD to Tammy ❤️
Dimensions: 38.5″+3″ H x 38″ W x 17″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! <3
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️