Creaking hardwood floors, distressed furniture finishes, chickenwire accents, mason jar decors, caster wheels, enamel pitchers, Grandma’s apron, potato/onion bins, crystal glass door knobs, breadboxes, hard-working dirty Farmer hands, screen porch doorways, antique nail bins, rusty milk cans, and chippy doors with crackled paint…
… are a just a FEW of my favourite farmhouse things! BUT not always easy to find! So what does a girl with a love for farmhouse charm do?
Well one thing she does, alongside her Farmer HUBS — is transform old doors into charming farmhouse corner shelves like this for ME and for YOU!
And how did we do it?! Well let me tell you all about it!
- Once our soybeans were finally harvested, I had my Farmer HUBS cut the old door I salvaged in half, remove the door handle, corner assemble it and install 2 shelves ~ with his hard-working dirty Farmer hands that I <3
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Dark Roast’ to the entire piece ~ a charmingly dark coffee brown
- Waited 24 hours and carefully applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Crackle Medium‘ to the entire piece ~ to mimic the look of authentically aged paint; ensuring not to overcoat
- Waited another 24 hours and generously applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ~ a contrasting colour that I knew would allow the base coat to come through the crackles
- Sanded edges and accents of the piece with 80 grit sandpaper ~ to achieve the sweetly imperfected and distressed look I was after
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Furniture Glaze‘ in the colour ‘Smoky Quartz’ to the entire piece; followed by a wet distress technique ~ for an impressive effect and statement
- Had my Farmer HUBS re-install original door handle ~ a final touch of original farmhouse charm
Handcrafted and made with much <3 by my Farmer HUBS n’ I for YOU! To say this piece is a charming farmhouse statement is an understatement! Entryway | Dining Room | Ensuite | Master Bedroom | Living Room | Hallway … no matter which nook of your home or cottage you place it in, it’s sure to add a delightful farmhouse statement to your abode! <3
❤ This Farmhouse Corner Shelf ~ SOLD to Jennifer ❤
~ and we are accepting similar custom orders… please get in touch to inquire ~
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
where can I purchase a shelve like this made of a door.
Thank you so much for stopping by and your interest Jo Ann! We have plans of doing up similar corner shelves, and will be sure to post here once available. Please do get in touch directly if you have any further interest. 🙂
Where did you get the door? I’m so in love with it.
Hello Lisa! I can’t recall where I got this particular door from before I transformed it. I have done 2 doors like this to-date… one is in our home, and this one sold to a dear customer. I hope to do more in my future! Thank you for stopping by! ~ Faye