Perhaps it’s the sea of dandelions in our yard that has put YELLOW on my brain?! Or maybe it’s the warm sunny days that have me longing for bright and cheerful transformations! Whatever it is… this dainty tiger oak lowboy was a perfect candidate for a fresh and colourful restoration!
My transformation process in between sunny days of garden therapy:
- Removed original/incomplete set of hardware ~ and ordered a new set of cast iron pulls from Etsy shop Midwest Craft House… just the style I was hoping to find
- Stripped and sanded down top ~ with a two-toned transformation in mind
- Lightly sanded down body and drawers ~ to remove flaking finish and to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Bee’s Knees’ to the body and drawers ~ a sweet and buttery perfectly retro yellow
- Conditioned, stained and varnished top with Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner, ‘Provincial’ Wood Finish Stain, and Wipe-On Poly ~ only the best for this lovely curved top
- Sanded down body and drawers for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied Country Chic Paint Hemp Oil to the body and drawers for a protective and water-resistant surface ~ 100% all-natural sustainably sourced from Canadian farmers
- Ugh! Waited, waited and waited (5 weeks) for new hardware to arrive ~ postal delays can be so frustrating
- Argh! Learned that new hardware wasn’t quite the right size ~ which led me to filling/sanding original holes, followed by a touch-up brush of paint
- Installed new hardware cup pulls ~ most definitely worth the wait and extra work
A sweet and buttery charmer that will undoubtedly cast bright and warm beams of sunshine in ones home or cottage. A moderately sized piece, well-suited for any space! A farm-charm statement that will settle ever-so-sweetly against a barren wall, empty corner, or unfilled nook. This one ticks ALL the farmhouse boxes — caster wheels, iron cup pulls, dovetailed drawers with bowed top row, and lovely curved top. Just perfect for tidy storage and warm-welcoming personality.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
<3 This Cast of Sunshine ~ SOLD to Shelley <3
DIMENSIONS: 34.25″ H x 42.5″ W x 19.5″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! <3
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! <3
smart choice for the top.
Glad you agree dear ol’ Dad! 💛
Absolutely stunning piece Faye!
Your staging killed it!
Thank you so very much Audrey! I honestly enjoy the staging as much as I love the painting! <3