Even timeless pieces can lose their luster. Time dulls them, use wears them, age can weaken them. Some mending if needed, and a fresh coat of paint can be all you need to breathe new life into a tired piece.
Although standing tall and beautiful when I found ‘her’ — I knew this charming tiger oak secretary desk would benefit positively from a transformation.
My transformation process:
- Removed hardware, and lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and washed ~ certainly necessary before painting any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Cobblestone’ to the exterior ~ a warm, mid-tone grey that’s perfect for creating both modern and timeless vintage looks
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Cheesecake’ to the interior ~ a fantastic off-white that has just the right hint of warmth and colour to it
- Lightly sanded down entire piece for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Antiquing Wax‘ to the entire piece ~ to accentuate the charm, add some aging depth, and for light protection
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Natural Wax‘ ~ to tone down the ‘Antiquing Wax’ as desired, and for additional protection
- Cleaned and polished original hardware with Brasso Metal Polish, then reinstalled ~ oh how I love when I can maintain original hardware
- Purchased and installed new hinges ~ at some point over-the-years the originals were replaced with an inadequate size
Add some warm country charm to any desired space in your home with this lovely long-legged antique secretary desk. Moderately sized, with a narrow frame leaving plenty of room for passing by, even with the leaf unfolded. A lovely anchor to jot thank you notes and reminders, for tossing keys, resting handbags, and setting mail. A functional accent piece that is sure to add farmhouse appeal in the perfect nook you choose for it.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Breath of New Life Secretary Desk ~ Sold to KRISTIN ❤
DIMENSIONS: 42″+2.5″ H x 26.5” W x 15” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️
You are a fabulous artist!!! I wish WordPress had a L❤️VE button!
Awe! Thank you Jessica! <3 What did I do to deserve your kindess?! 😌
Your heart shows up in every piece. Old furniture that was once quite grand, gets a 2nd chance. So talented!! ❤️ I think it’s your ‘vision’ of being able to see something beautiful in something others may consider worn out.
I’m starting a local Art Club for kids and like the idea of bringing some glorious life back to something. Hmmm. Maybe we will do a furniture project. Got me thinking here! 💕💕
Thank you Jessica. Thank you so very much! <3