Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian followers and friends! 💛🍂
For those that have been following along, this LOWBOY DRESSER is the 2nd piece of a three-piece bedroom suite I’ve been working on this fall season.
First up was a VANITY, just finished today is this LOWBOY, and last but not least and coming up next is a HEAD/FOOT BOARD (double bed).
I don’t dare split this charming vintage set up, thus I’ll be offering it as a suite once I’m all finished later this month. Bedroom suites are a tough sale, thus I carefully selected a colour that we would love in our own home should I be unsuccessful with selling.
follow along on
My Bedford Suite ~ Lowboy process:
- Removed original mirror ~ ever so carefully; for ease of product application
- Removed original hardware ~ with plans to paint
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of FUSION MINERAL PAINT in the colour ‘Bedford’ ~ a perfectly perfect muted grey-green with the softest undertone of yellow
- Lightly Sanded down for a buttery smooth finish ~ farmhouse fine
- Applied 2 coats of my go-to Varathane ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Applied 1 coat of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Simplicity’ to drawer sides and interiors ~ in preparation for opaque tissue decoupaging
- Decoupaged drawer sides and interiors with Re-Design with Prima’s WASHED DAMASK DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ a charming pattern that is most definitely my fav
- Spray painted original hardware with RUST-OLEUM Universal Metallic Spray Paint in the colour ‘Antique Brass’ ~ a colour that I have recently fallen head over heels for
- Reinstalled original mirror ~ ever so carefully
I’ve done it galz! I’ve found the most perfectly perfect muted grey-green with the softest undertone of yellow! I’m transforming a 3-piece bedroom suite (this lowboy dresser being the second of three) in this calming and serene colour that is sure to offer a timeless quality to any bedroom in your home or cottage; whether that be a guest room, master suite, daughters forever room, or granddaughters sleep-over princess room. Pairs and accents ever so perfectly with whites, wickers, greenery, and wood tones. Next and last up is a double bed frame with matching head/foot board. I’ve been dreaming of white vintage lace linens to finish this vintage set ever so sweetly. Interested? Please get in touch!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Bedford Suite LOWBOY DRESSER ~ SOLD to Diane ❤️
Dimensions: 37″+35″H x 44″W x 22″D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.