I’ve only flipped one bedroom suite to-date, and have steered myself clear since then.
They’re tough sales, and a tonne of work.
But when my supportive and ever-so-kind friend Wanda shared a 3-piece vintage set with me, I simply couldn’t resist. This vanity is the first in the set that I’ve flipped. Next up is a lowboy dresser, and then a double bed frame with head/foot board.
Colour selection was CRITICAL. I absolutely had to nail it! Because if I don’t have any luck with selling this suite, it will then settle into our own home. We moved our daughter to the city this past June, she however graces us with visits almost every weekend; so if this suite isn’t for YOU, it will then be for HER in her forever bedroom in our home. 🥰
follow along on
My Bedford Suite ~ Vanity process:
- Removed original mirror ~ ever so carefully; for ease of product application
- Removed original hardware ~ with plans to polish or paint
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of HOMESTEAD HOUSE MILK PAINT in the colour ‘Bedford’ ~ with hopes that I’d achieve a chippy charming finish
- Applied 3 coats of FUSION MINERAL PAINT in the same colour ‘Bedford’ ~ because the milk paint didn’t turn out as I hoped it would
- Lightly Sanded down for a buttery smooth finish ~ farmhouse fine
- Applied 2 coats of my go-to Varathane ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Applied 2 coats of ZINSSER B-I-N SHELLAC-BASE PRIMER to interior drawers ~ to prevent highly anticipated bleed through (there was lots of red ink stains in the drawers)
- Applied 1 coat of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Simplicity’ to drawer sides and interiors ~ in preparation for opaque tissue decoupaging
- Decoupaged drawer sides and interiors with Re-Design with Prima’s WASHED DAMASK DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ a charming pattern that is most definitely my fav
- Spray painted original hardware with RUST-OLEUM Universal Metallic Spray Paint in the colour ‘Antique Brass’ ~ after attempting to polish, the handle part became tarnished, thus spray paint to the rescue
- Reinstalled original mirror ~ ever so carefully
I’ve done it galz! I’ve found the most perfectly perfect muted grey-green with the softest undertone of yellow! I’m transforming a 3-piece bedroom suite (this vanity being the first of three) in this calming and serene colour that is sure to offer a timeless quality to any bedroom in your home or cottage; whether that be a guest room, master suite, daughters forever room, or granddaughters sleep-over princess room. Pairs and accents ever so perfectly with whites, wickers, greenery, and wood tones. Next up is a lowboy dresser that offers 4 spacious drawers, and then a double bed frame with matching head/foot board. I’m already dreaming of white vintage lace linens to finish this vintage set ever so sweetly. Interested? Please get in touch!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Bedford Suite VANITY ~ SOLD to Diane ❤️
Dimensions: 32”+38”H x 44”W x 18”D
Note: Piano Stool NOT Included (Staging Purposes Only)
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.