I want a simple love like that
Always giving, never askin’ back
For when I’m in my final hour lookin’ back
I hope I had a simple love like that
Simple love. It’s all I ever dreamed of. It’s all I’ve ever wanted. It’s all I’ve ever needed. 🥰
I love my simple life. A life full of all the little things that make me oh so happy… included, but certainly not limited to my ability to transform pre-loved furniture. I have the workshop space, the physical means, the time, strong boys to help me lift and carry, and so much passion. Not a day goes by that I don’t give thanks for all of it. Just when I think I can’t possibly be lucky enough to have more simple love, I come across pieces like this antique wardrobe that erupt my simple love life. This lovely I picked-up from the beautiful Wolseley area in Winnipeg, Manitoba!
follow along on
My Simple Love Wardrobe process:
- Disassembled/removed original bevelled mirror ~ worth the time and effort to ease product application
- Removed hardware ~ with thought to polish or paint
- Lightly sanded down ~ in preparation for product application
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied one coat of ZINSSER B-I-N SHELLAC-BASE PRIMER to the interior and exterior ~ to prevent highly anticipated bleed through
- Applied 3 coats/1 coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the Colour ‘Old White’ to the interior/body ~ The colour of chalk and gesso, Old White is a soft off-white Chalk Paint™ colour that works with everything
- Applied 2 coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the Colour ‘Chateau Grey’ to the body ~ This elegant grey-green Chalk Paint™ colour is inspired by the earthy colour created when decorative painters mixed all their leftover paints together. It is the traditional colour found in French woodwork
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- White washed with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the Colour ‘Old White’ for added texture and time-worn feel ~ a fun and therapeutic step that adds so much simple love
- Applied 1 coat of Annie Sloan Clear Wax ~ Use Clear Chalk Paint™ Wax to seal and protect furniture and walls painted with Chalk Paint™ decorative paint. Chalk Paint™ Wax emphasises depth of colour and gives a beautiful mellow finish, or can be buffed to a high sheen
- Reinstalled original bevelled mirror ~ with much tender care
- Decoupaged drawer-sides and mirror-back with Re-Design with Prima’s WASHED DAMASK DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ a charming pattern that is most definitely my fav!
Simple love. Whether that be a little yellow house, two children, a beautiful spouse, a front porch… whatever it may be, I hope you have or find your dream of a simple love. Simple love consumed my mind when I was transforming this piece for YOU. A simple piece of time worn love for your home or cottage. Whether you fancy it as its’ intended wardrobe purpose, or perhaps a place to store blankets in your family room, a cupboard for spices and recipe cards in your dining/kitchen, a statement of charm for your front foyer, a lovely storage cabinet for your lavatory. Wherever you see it, I hope this “grey-green” transformation brings you an abundance of simple love. ~ NOTE: If shelving within is desired, I can make that happen for YOU!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.