I am woman! Hear me ROAR!
So here’s the thing… I’m soon to be 48 y/o. I’m pretty proud of that and oh-so-thankful for that. I’m embracing it like Super Woman would! AND loving that as the older I get:
And the older I get
The better I am
At knowing when to give
And when to just not give a damn
It’s taken me almost 48 years to accept that not all women will cheer for me… even if I cheer for them. I’m really not sure why… cuz seriously… we’re not even in the same race! We should certainly all cheer for one another! Supporting one another is a win-win ladies! Thank you to all of you that cheer for me, and you can count on me to always cheer for YOU! Always. Nurses, secretaries, marketers, partners, stay at home Mom’s, farmhers, accountants, estheticians, teachers, bus drivers, librarians, house cleaners, social workers, veterinarians, models, singers, song-writers, architects, dancers, painters, hairstylists, pet groomers, caretakers… you get the hint! I support and cheer for ALL OF YOU! <3
Speaking of Super Woman… in fall 2019 I kinda lost myself. When I met with my amazing GP… I will never ever ever forget the words she said to me:
“Faye. It’s OK. You’re OK. Even Super Woman has to take her cape off every now and then.”
And so I kept going… kept moving… kept trusting, believing, hoping, hustling, working, grinding, loving, supporting…
And I’m so glad I did… cuz I have so much more I wanna do. My race. My life. My story. My love.
This lovely is my latest do:
follow along on
My Homestead Heavenly Heirloom process:
- Removed original hardware ~ my word… all of it intact!
- Thoroughly scrubbed and washed ~ very dirty girl!
- Applied 2 coats of of HOMESTEAD HOUSE in the colour ‘Homestead Blue‘ to the entire piece ~ a muted teal with a hint of grey… seriously… why has it taken me so long to work with this amazing colour
- Sanded down for a chippy and buttery smooth distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 1 coat of FUSION ‘Stain & Finishing Oil (SFO)’ in the colour Cappuccino ~ a wood conditioner, stain and top coat all in one… ummm galz… this is game changer… i can NOT believe what an incredible finish and protector this provides… I will be ordering it in gallons
- Applied COUNTRY CHIC PAINT ‘Black, Gold & Natural Wax’ ~ cuz extra love was most certainly needed for this lovely
- Decoupaged drawer sides with Re-Design with Prima’s PATINA FLOURISH DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ what a match for this piece right?!
- Reinstalled original hardware ~ and accentuated with some gold and black wax
Working with Milk Paint
Here’s a little video I caught when I was applying my first of two coats of the milk paint:
This piece is for YOU my fine lady! For one of the many amazing ladies in or alongside my life that support all the lovely ladies in our world! Ladies that cheer and roar for all the fantabulous women that surround and inspire them! “The older I get, the better we are, at knowing when to give, and when to just not give a damn!” I hope my fine lady that this Homestead Heavenly Heirloom brings much beauty and love to your home or cottage, and reminds you of just how far love, support and kindness can bring us all. Enjoy my darling. You deserve it. We all do.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Homestead Heavenly Heirloom ~ SOLD to Cindy ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 48″ H x 34″ W x 18″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.