Spring has sprung and I couldn’t be happier for its’ arrival! There’s just something about the smell of thawing cow and dog poo in the air am I right?! I’m serious… I actually look forward to it come every March here on our farm! Am I crazy?! Maybe a bit yes… but honestly… on the farm thawing poo is the smell of hope! Hope for tulips, peonies, a new garden, a new crop, green pastures, for goodness sakes I hope and pray some rain this year… and maybe even a cleaner house!
Amidst more time outdoors in the springtime, I also try my best to do some spring cleaning in the house. Oh what a wonderful feeling it is doing something as simple as moving the bed to vacuum all the dust bunnies after a long cold winter! If you’re in the midst of refreshing your bedroom(s) this spring, I’ve got the sweetest set of bedside tables just for YOU!
follow along on
My Simple n’ Sweet Sage Sides process:
- Removed original hardware ~ with plans to refresh
- Lightly sanded down ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 1 base coat of of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in my custom blend of 1/3 ‘Sage Advice’ and 2/3 ‘Simplicity ~ I call it Simply Sage!
- Applied 2 blended coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colours ‘Sage Advice’ and ‘Simplicity’ ~ a technique that I’ve been aching to try for quite some time… and I’m now so glad I finally did
- Applied 3 coats of Varathane’s ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Decoupaged drawer-sides with Re-Design with Prima’s FLORAL SWEETNESS RICE PAPER ~ a lovely spring fresh final touch
- Polished original hardware with BRASSO ~ and then decided it was too brassy
- Transformed original hardware with COUNTRY CHIC PAINT metallic cream in the colour ‘Belt Buckle’ ~ there we go… just what I was hoping for
Simple. Sweet. Sage. A tranquil transformation blended by hand for a soft, natural, and timeworn farmhouse feel. A lovely set for your master or guest bedside. Heavily sealed to ensure maximum durability and protection. Set your wine glass, or cup of tea while you curl up with a good book before calling it day. When your clock wakens you in the morn, grab your comfiest pair of slippers from the top drawer as you start your day. And don’t forget to place a vase of fresh spring flowers upon these lovelies transformed with much tender care just for YOU.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ These Simple n’ Sweet Sage Sides ~ SOLD to Cindy ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 25.5″ H x 18″ W x 14″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Shop Country Chic Paint Online
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️