I saw one of these little lovelies when scrolling Instagram one day. I thought to myself, “What is that?!” Is it a gramophone, a phonograph, a music cabinet, a record player?! Hmm… doesn’t really matter what it is/was, it’s delightful, and I want to adorn and vitalize one!
follow along on
My Vintage Victrola Vitalization process:
- Removed knobs and hinges ~ a necessary step for a cared-for transformation
- Repaired damaged “hoof” with BONDO BODY FILLER ~ a strong and extremely effective solution when wood filler simply isn’t enough
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of HOMESTEAD HOUSE MILK PAINT in the colour ‘Craftsman’ to the body and backside ~ A fun soft mid-tone green, classic from the Craftsman era… a beautiful statement on any piece
- Lightly sanded down for a buttery smooth and charmingly chippy finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Homestead House HEMP OIL ~ for a light water-resistant protectant
- Decoupaged interior shelving, and top cubby with Re-Design with Prima’s WASHED DAMASK DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ a charming pattern that has hands-down become my fav!
- Reinstalled hinges, and installed new sweet little drop pulls ~ far more charming than the original knobs am I right?!
It’s a gramophone, a phonograph, a music cabinet, a Victrola record player. NAH… it WAS at one time yes… a long time ago! BUT today it’s a: WINE CABINET, ESSENTIAL OILS CUPBOARD, COFFEE STATION, LAVATORY STORAGE, FRONT FOYER CHARM, HALLWAY ACCENT, OFFICE CONSOLE, BEDSIDE TABLE! Or anything in between! An extremely versatile piece that oozes practicality and chippy farmhouse charm! Where do YOU see it in YOUR home or cottage?!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Vintage Victrola Vitalization ~ SOLD to Karen ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 36″ H x 19″ W x 20″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.