My farm life best life… a simple and sweet life. Lately, I’ve been longing for even more simplicity. How ’bout you? I’m so very thankful for home sweet home… nothing beats coming home, being home. Blissful contentment. Pure and peaceful happiness.
Spend my days in the sweet sunshine~ Simple Life, Carolyn Dawn Johnson 🎼
Rock in my swing and watch my garden grow
Know that I’ll always have someone to hold
Oh I wanna live the simple life, yeah
CALM and COZY tones for HOME… is what came to my mind when I found this solid oak antique sideboard. Although beautiful as-it-was, I envisioned a tranquil transformation.
follow along on
My Simple Life Sideboard transformation process:
- Removed hardware and hinges / disassembled mirror ~ a necessary step for a cared-for transformation
- Repaired bottom drawer ~ replacement was needed due to extensive damage
- Lightly sanded down body and heavily sanded top ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in a custom colour blend of 1/3 ‘Sage Advice’ and 2/3 ‘Simplicity’ to the body, drawer interiors/sides, and interior cupboard doors ~ for my very own desired soft sage hue
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Conditioned, stained and varnished top with MINWAX Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner, ‘Jacobean’ Wood Finish Stain, and Wipe-On Poly ~ for a two-toned transformation
- Applied Country Chic Paint METALLIC ACCENT CREAM in the colour ‘Pocket Watch’ to the appliques ~ to heighten and enhance their charm
- Applied Country Chic Paint NATURAL WAX ~ which I find eases and tones down the application of dark wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint ANTIQUING WAX ~ to accentuate the charm, and add some aging depth
- Reinstalled hardware and hinges / reassembled mirror ~ ahhhh…. and there it is… my tranquil transformation
A tranquil transformation in a versatile soothing hue. Sage green is a lovely alternative to more typical neutrals; working well in many spaces with a wide range of decorating styles, accent colours, and wood tones. With the fall season upon us, I opted to inject amber bottle and terracotta decor with cozy and comforting autumn displays. A refinished solid oak top with a quiet and peaceful finish; a timeless piece that is sure to bring much calm and serenity to your home year-round. A simple life sideboard that feels like home to me.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Simple Life Sideboard ~ Is For YOU ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 38+15″ H x 46″ W x 20.5″ D
$599 $499 + Tax
AVAILABLE FOR: Manitoba Pickup/Meetup/Delivery OR Shipping (w/in Canada)
PURCHASE: ONLINE or DIRECT
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Shop Country Chic Paint Online
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️