Repurpose, reuse, recycle, upcycle, transform. Whatever you wanna call it; I adore it. There’s something so satisfying and refreshing about taking what one considers “past its time”, and giving it a breath of fresh air and a bright new beginning.
When I picked up this piece, I believed that it was likely once a buffet/sideboard that one chose to remove the legs from… for whatever reason of their own.
follow along on
My Cozy n’ Comforting Console transformation process:
- Removed peeling/lifting veneer from the top, and heavily sanded down ~ soak with wet towels overnight, and steam with iron in morn… makes a very time consuming job, an easy and satisfying result
- Filled original hardware holes ~ with plans for a classic and timeless set
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied one coat of ZINSSER B-I-N SHELLAC-BASE PRIMER ~ to prevent highly anticipated bleed through
- Applied 2 coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ~ a light and creamy farmhouse white
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 1 coat of Varathane’s ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to prepare for glaze application
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint FURNITURE GLAZE in the colour ‘Smoky Quartz’ ~ to add some depth and heightened aged effect
- Applied 1 more coat of Varathane’s ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Conditioned, stained and varnished top with MINWAX Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner, ‘Jacobean’ Wood Finish Stain, and Wipe-On Poly ~ for a two-toned transformation
- Decoupaged bottom of drawers and cupboards with Re-Design with Prima’s Dark Floral TISSUE PAPER ~ a lovely compliment and pattern for this transformation
- Purchased and installed a new set of hardware from LEE VALLEY ~ A lovely and timeless set with an old brass finish
A media console for your television. A sofa table for the back of your couch. A throw pillow bench for the foot of your bed. An entryway sideboard for your kids to place their school books n’ bags on. Whatever you decide, this one-of-a-kind versatile piece comes packed with cozy n’ comforting charm and an abundance of divine storage! A buffet/sideboard that I believe one chose to remove the legs from… a unique and clever upcycle don’t ya think?!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Cozy n’ Comforting Console ~ SOLD to Diane ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 28.5″ H x 66″ W x 21″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️