How do you like your eggs? How do you like your buffets? Perhaps Sunny-Side-Up for both?! If you’re looking for a ray of sunshine statement piece in your home, this transformed antique buffet just might be the one for YOU! ☀️💛
follow along on
My Sunny-Side-Up transformation process:
- Removed original hardware ~ while contemplating whether to maintain or replace
- Heavily sanded down top ~ with plans to stain/varnish
- Lightly sanded down body ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Built new shelf for interior ~ the original was far too damaged
- Filled door hardware holes and re-drilled ~ somebody must have been drinking when they drilled these ones… extremely crooked
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Bee’s Knees’ to the interior shelving and body ~ a warm muted pastel yellow
- Applied 2 coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ to the original handles and some knobs I had on hand ~ a light creamy off-white; the most perfect farmhouse white
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied Country Chic Paint NATURAL WAX to the interior shelving and body ~ which I find eases and tones down the application of dark wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint ANTIQUING WAX to the interior shelving and body ~ to accentuate the charm, and add some aging depth
- Conditioned, stained and varnished top with MINWAX and VARATHANE products ~ for a charming two-toned effect and heavy protection
- Decoupaged portions of front with Re-Design with Prima’s WASHED DAMASK DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ a charming pattern that has most definitely become my fav!
- Installed new door clasps ~ originals were missing
A ray of sunshine statement piece for your abode! A two-toned transformation oozing with age, depth and charm. A timeless buffet/sideboard with plenty of storage for your dinnerware, or any other items you need tuck-away space for. Dining room accent, hallway statement, front-foyer show-stopper, living room fashion, front-porch welcome. What space/nook in your home or cottage could use a kiss from the sun?!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️