Although vanities seem to be a thing of the past, side tables are forever timeless, functioning and practical. When I came across this petite vintage waterfall piece, I jumped at messaging the seller — as I immediately thought it would make for a lovely upcycle of turning one into two!
Not only did this turn out to be a sweet find, it also turned into a very sweet visit. Turned out that the seller and I had a mutual relationship with a friend that I worked with for years! My friend Elaine and I had the most lovely catch-up before loading this lil’ darling into my wagon! 🥰
follow along on
My Dainty Darlings transformation process:
- Removed hardware, and detached tables from vanity body ~ when one becomes two
- Filled detachment gaps with wood-filler and BONDO BODY FILLER ~ a strong and extremely effective solution when wood filler simply isn’t enough
- Installed 2 caster wheels that I had on hand where needed ~ as one piece it only held 6 casters, and as 2 pieces it required 8
- Lightly sanded down ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Wanderess’ ~ a captivating, deep sea green
- Applied 1 coat of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Simplicity’ to the drawer interiors ~ a crisp n’ clean pure white; for decoupage preparation
- Applied 1 coat of COUNTRY CHIC PAINT in the colour ‘Simplicity’ to some hardware I had on hand ~ because white hardware was what I was after for this transformation
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘DIAMOND WOOD FINISH‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Decor stamped drawer sides with Re-Design with Prima’s HANDWRITTEN NOTE DECOR STAMP ~ because even drawer sides are deserving of some pretty
- Decoupaged drawer interiors with Re-Design with Prima’s PEACH DAMASK DECOUPAGE TISSUE PAPER ~ a sweet lil’ pattern in a colour that I felt was a lovely compliment for this transformation
Once one vanity, now two dainty n’ darling side tables! Transformed in a refreshing and tranquil sea green colour that blends well with greiges, whites, corals, and wicker. Petite, quaint, portable tables that can be used throughout ones’ home or cottage, functioning as the occasion requires. For a small, intimate conversation area — centre one between two chairs and the other near a window. Display as a vignette on the outside of a bookcase or cabinet. Could also make for a lovely charming duo in your bedroom or guest room as bedside tables.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ These Dainty Darlings ~ SOLD to Samantha ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 28″ H x 11″ W x 17″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️