The roaring yet brief return of Winter this week in Manitoba didn’t stop my Spring infused sensations! While the snow was falling, I chose a paint colour that would keep my Springtime spirits alive! A couple days of snow, a couple coats of paint… and back to Spring we are!
Don’t let this before picture misguide you! This lonely secretary was a wobbling teetering lady when I picked her up… and she can’t even blame too many glasses of wine for that! 😉
follow along on
My Peachy Petite transformation process:
- Refastened/tightened-up legs ~ a wobbily hot mess ‘she’ was when I brought ‘her’ home
- Created missing piece with Bondo Body Filler ~ a small area on one side of the table was missing
- Heavily sanded down legs ~ cuz I felt like getting naked… lol… just kidding… in preparation for staining
- Lightly sanded down body ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Peachy Keen’ ~ a retro peachy coral that pairs amazingly with warm browns and antique golds
- Sanded down body for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to the body ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Applied 1 coat of Homestead House Stain & Finishing Oil in the colour ‘Cappuccino’ to the legs ~ a wipe-on, wipe-off stain with a built in sealer
- Decoupaged drawer with Re-Design with Prima’s Botanical Imprint Tissue Paper ~ a lovely pattern that paired so nicely with Peachy Keen
A petite secretary that lifts me up, fills my soul, and makes me sing! Transformed into a soaring and uplifting piece in a refreshing peachy coral that pairs so sweetly with warm vintage tones! A ray of sunlight statement for your front foyer, vacant wall, or tidy nook that is aching for some uplifting charm! Jot your notes, rest your mail, place your keys, and then sing your soul!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Peachy Petite ~ SOLD to Samantha ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 36″ H x 33″ W x 20″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited discounted use of.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️