𝄞 Don’t need that mansion on top of the hill
Too many rooms with nothing to fill
You can’t furnish me with the little things 𝄞
Little Things ~ Tanya Tucker … our wedding song November 22, 1997… little did I know then that one day I’d have more than enough furniture to furnish a mansion! LOL!
My sweetheart has been by my side for 28 years now. Side-by-side we are. Although we don’t have a mansion on top of a hill… what we do have are the Little Things. ❤️
𝄞 For years
We have stayed together
And as friends
What we have
Will last forever
If we’re strong enough to bend𝄞
Strong Enough to Bend ~ Tanya Tucker
Side-by-side we are. Just like these two. Even after taking them apart, they’re still together… together forever.
follow along on
My side-by-side transformation process:
- Detached tables from vanity ~ with some help from my sweetheart
- Built/installed back inside legs ~ with even more help from my sweetheart
- Filled gaps around new legs with Bondo Body Filler ~ a strong and extremely effective solution when wood filler simply isn’t enough
- Removed wood knobs from drawers ~ with full intentions of replacing with something far more charming
- Lightly sanded down piece ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Rocky Mountain’ ~ a perfect charcoal grey lending itself perfectly to industrial masculine style décor
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Dune Grass’ ~ a beautiful duck egg blue with soft hints of grey and green
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ~ a lovely farmhouse white with just the perfect hint of warmth to it
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Decoupaged drawers with Re-Design with Prima’s Peach Damask Decoupage Tissue Paper ~ a sweet lil’ pattern in a colour that I felt was a lovely compliment for this transformation
- Purchased and installed Louis XVI Old Brass Ring Pulls from Lee Valley ~ solid brass with an old brass finish
𝄞 For years we have stayed together. As lovers, and as friends. What we have will last forever, if we’re strong enough to bend. 𝄞 Strong enough to bend these 2 indeed are. Set apart but together as bedside tables they will be… a job that takes two, swaying with the wind till the sky turns blue. 𝄞 Like a tree, out in the backyard that never has been broken by the wind. Our love will last forever. 𝄞 Sweethearts, side-by-side, together forever. A cozy and coastal unique set of two made just for you.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ These Side-by-Side Sweethearts ~ SOLD to McLeod House Tea Room ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 31″ H x 14″ W x 19.5″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️