Every story has an end, but in life every end is a new beginning. I like to think the same applies for furniture. 😉
I’ve been aching to find a rolltop desk that could be reawakened with a transformation… such charming and classic pieces that can offer a lovely statement and extra storage for quaint and tidy nooks.
Although this one is the first I’ve come across, my fingers are crossed that it won’t be my last.
follow along on
My rebeginning transformation process:
- Removed hardware ~ with full intentions of replacing with something far more charming
- Filled hardware holes and hole that was intentionally placed in the back of desktop with wood filler ~ an easy step in case new hardware doesn’t fit original holes
- Disassembled desktop ~ so I could remove the tambour and glides to avoid paint from getting into the glides
- Lightly sanded down piece ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Liquorice’ to the exterior and interior (including the backside of the desk) ~ a deep charcoal black that can be either classic and timeless, or elegant and modern
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Decoupaged desktop with Re-Design with Prima’s Floral Parchment Decoupage Tissue Paper ~ a pattern that very much caught my eye, and was such a lovely fit for this transformation
- Reassembled desktop and tambour ~ adding a touch of furniture salve to the glides for a buttery smooth slide
- Applied Wise Owl Paint Furniture Salve in the scent ‘Lemon Verbena’ ~ a delightful product combination of hemp oil and wax… revive, rejuvenate, and protect/seal all in one easy step
- Purchased and installed Cast Oval-Face Pulls and Plain Knobs in Antique Brass from Lee Valley ~ a classic and timeless custom chosen set
A classic and timeless piece reawakened by me for you. Add a statement to that nook in your home that is aching for a rebeginning. A charming place to jot your thoughts, take your notes, make your lists, store your letters, keep your files, place reminders, toss your keys, and rest your purse. Fast-forward the old-fashioned rolltop desk into your 21st century home. A rebeginning for an enduring and ageless piece for that sweet spot in your abode. And just in case you might want to place it open concept, know that the back is painted n’ sealed for you too!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Rebeginning Rolltop ~ SOLD to Lanna ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 41″ H x 44″ W x 20″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️