That moment. That moment when you know exactly what YOU want, why you want it, and what you’re gonna do to try and make it happen. Enough of trying to be what you don’t want to be. Good riddance to all things and people that weigh you down and hold you back. Feel fear and do it anyway.
I’d like to think that was how this bureau was feeling when I picked “her” up… fearless and free! Take a chance on me!
follow along on
My fearless and free transformation process:
- Removed handle and drop-pull ~ with plans to replace with something far more charming and chic
- Lightly sanded down piece ~ to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed piece ~ certainly required before transforming preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Sunday Tea’ ~ a warm greyish colour, not quite grey and not quite beige; resulting in the most charming neutral tone
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the limited edition colour ‘Woodland’ ~ a delightful deep olive with a free and fearless forest feel
- Sanded down for a buttery smooth and two-toned distressed finish ~ a new technique that I was so excited to try, and most certainly see MUCH more of in my furniture transformation future
- Applied/Burnished Re-Design with Prima’s Bike Ride’s Transfer to the dropdown-door front ~ my first transfer application… and oh my so FUN and so EASY
- Applied Country Chic Paint Pearl Wax ~ for a subtle pearlescent glow, and for light protection
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Sunday Tea’ to the drawer ~ to cover the aged ink spatters and spills
- Decoupaged drawer with Re-Design with Prima’s Washed Damask Decoupage Decor Tissue Paper ~ I’m over the moon with this pattern and seriously want to decoupage every single drawer in our home with it
- Installed white cracked ceramic antique knobs from D. Lawless Hardware ~ a far more charming and chic set for this piece
Feel fear and do it anyway! Take a chance on me! I’m so glad I gave this sweet and timeless bureau a new lease on life. Although time posed a tired and tattered appearance on this enduring “gal”, “she” had so much gusto left in “her”. — “Go ahead… throw your purse, keys, mail and phone on me. When you return home from a long and tiring day, I’m here ready to take on whatever you might need to let go… you are home. And tomorrow when you head out for another day of work, know that when you return home again I’ll be right here… right where you left me… fearless and free. Home.”
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤️ This Farmhouse Chic Bureau ~ SOLD to Joyce ❤️
DIMENSIONS: 48″ H x 24″ W x 15.5″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of farmhouse chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤️
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️