Joanna Gaines! Who here dreams of Jo redecorating their home… or even just one room in their home?! And who here knows that that realistically ain’t EVA gonna happen?! But gosh darn who here aches for her #modernfarmhouse goodness?!
Let’s be real… for many of us… if we want it, we gotta figure out how to make it happen ourselves… with a very small budget, and little to no time. I’m one of those many! And gosh darnit… I’m some how, some way going to try my darnedest to convert our dining room into a farmhouse haven holy heaven hallelujah hoo hoo (I just made up the word hoo hoo).
What would you like to see in your dining room?! This farm wife dreams of whites, greiges, charcoals, sages, burlap, wicker, time worn, chippy, distressed charm! I’m not asking for much right?!
I picked up this quaint corner cabinet at my local thrift store a few years back BEFORE I had my farmhouse dining room vision right where I wanted it. This is what it looked like when I brought it home:
And this is what it has looked for the past few years (after my first attempt at transforming it… blah:
Dreadful isn’t it?! Ah well… a girl has to try… and sometimes she’s gotta accept that she failed, and try again.
My try again transformation process:
- Removed hardware ~ with thought that I just might go with alternate knobs
- Removed glass panes ~ that I very much disliked… hmmm
- Gave the entire piece a good wash ~ did I like never dust it in the past few years?!
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Liquorice’ to the exterior and interior doors ~ a deep charcoal black that can be either classic and timeless, or elegant and modern
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Sunday Tea’ to the interior ~ a warm greyish colour, not quite grey and not quite beige; resulting in the most charming neutral tone
- Sanded entire piece down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Applied Country Chic Paint Black Wax to the exterior and interior ~ for a charming timeworn effect and some aging depth
- Sized, trimmed, spray painted, and installed chicken wire where the glass panes were prior ~ sooo much better right?!
- Purchased and installed Biscayne Antique Blonde Knobs from Lee Valley ~ I’ll most definitely be ordering MORE of these for future transformation pieces… I’m swooning over them
Quaint corner charm! This is one of 3 pieces I’ve transformed this year for our dining room… as part of my mission to convert our eating space into a farmhouse haven holy heaven hallelujah hoorah! I’m in L❤️VE with the combination of colours ‘Liquorice’ and ‘Sunday Tea’ I chose for it, and adore how it tucks so tidily into our dinette corner that was aching for some charm!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
<3 Farmhouse Corner Cabinet ~ For OUR HOME <3
DIMENSIONS: 71.5″ H x 30″ W x 14″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! <3
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! <3