Hey there pumpkin! What a beautiful Autumn morning here in Manitoba! Amidst sharing this seasonally scrumptious bench for YOU today, I’m also fall decor’ing our front-step, and preparing a tailgate harvest meal for our boys in the field… a perfect fall day!
Yes, pumpkin spice anything is delicious. Coffee, latte, tea, muffins, donuts, cookies, cupcakes, loaves, pies, cakes — heck I bet you a pumpkin spice burger would even be delectable. I’m a bit ridiculous with it… by the time snow starts to fly I swear my blood type is pumpkin spice.
I’m pretty certain however that if we had it all year long, it would become pretty mundane — just like a world with no change of seasons would.
Autumn is most certainly my favourite season. Our carefree Summer attitudes shift into a comfy n’ cozy frame of mind. With shorter days and harvest moons we find ourselves comfortably settling into new routines — a scrumptious season it is.
Last Fall I was lucky enough to come across three 10-foot church pews, which I have been transforming into 5-foot benches: Uno, Dos, Tres. The last one of the 3 (Tres) I transformed this past June, and you could say I was perhaps jus’ a teensy-bit too carefree with it. I went with a very bold and fun colour… because that’s just the kind of mood I was in during the Spring months!
Like I said… jus’ a teensy-bit carefree… but man-oh-man carefree is FUN:
I however told myself that if “TRES” didn’t sell by the end of August, I may just have to “let it go” and accept that “carefree” may not be an easy fit for many (if not most) homes. But wasn’t “TRES” pretty?! I imagined “her” on a wrap-around front-porch in the Summer months with pink peonies blooming nearby, gentle breezes blowing, a cold glass of lemon-aid, and a darn good book in hand. I guess some imaginings just aren’t meant to be… and if at first you don’t succeed, try try again… and so “Cuatro” was born:
My seasonally scrumptious Cuatro transformation process:
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Driftwood’ ~ a muted warm brown that looks great on its own, or blended with similarly toned warm neutrals
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Dark Roast’ ~ a wonderful, deep neutral that can be used for almost any style
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ~ a lovely farmhouse white with just the perfect hint of warmth to it
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Crinoline’ ~ an almost pure white with a very subtle pink undertone that makes for a delightfully warm and inviting feel
- Both Dry and Wet Distressed ~ in effort to bring the ‘Driftwood’, ‘Dark Roast’, and ‘Vanilla Frosting’ colours through
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Staged and photographed with some sweet help from our newest additions ~ farmyard kittens Oscar & Olive
A seasonally scrumptious farmhouse bench with an abundance of delectable options for your home or cottage — cozy window seat, charming breakfast nook, inviting foyer welcome, added dining seating, foot of bed comfort, warm mudroom bench, rustic hallway accent. A tastefully timeless piece for generations, in a colour well-suited for all-season decor’ing.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
<3 This Seasons Change Bench ~ SOLD to Tracey <3
DIMENSIONS: 37” H x 61” W x 19” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! <3
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! <3