Serenity for the most part has almost always come quite easily to me… a life of manageable worries, so many simple pleasures, and an abundance of blessings.
In the past few weeks however, finding serenity has abruptly become an endeavour. My hope and prayer is for us all to find things that make us smile more and fret less during so much sorrow, uncertainty, and worry.
Prairie Spring Air
… are a few things that are helping me find some serenity at this very surreal time in our world. These things… and my colossal (yet thrifty) hoard of furniture that will maintain my sweetest form of therapy in the coming days, weeks and months.
This solid but icky laminate bench has served many purposes in our home over the years… most recently a place in our bedroom for my Farmer hubs to throw his poopy cow pants on. 🤦🏼♀️
I mostly just accept what is… but there are times that I just don’t want poopy cow pants in our bedroom… I want pretty things in our bedroom rather… and prefer to leave the cow poop out in the corrals and pastures. A reasonable Farm Wife request am I right?!
My transformation process:
- Removed original hardware ~ and found a far more charming set in my sweet little hoard
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture… and especially pieces that certain Farmers throw cow poopy pants on
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint ‘Clear Bonding Primer ~ some extra help with adhesion for this laminate piece
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Cobblestone’ to the body ~ a warm mid-tone grey that’s perfect for creating both modern and timeless vintage looks
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Dark Roast’ to the baskets ~ a wonderful, deep neutral brown that can be used for almost any style
- Sanded body down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to the body and baskets ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Installed a Prettier Set of Hardware ~ that I found in my pretty lil’ stash
- Told My Farmer Hubs No More Poopy Pants ~ cuz pink peonies smell so much nicer than cow poop
May we all be granted the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference. I am thankful to have found some serenity and courage to change this once cow poopy bench with the wisdom of knowing that peonies smell much sweeter than cow poop.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Now-Cow-Poop-Free Serenity Bench ~ is FOR ME ❤
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️