shab·by chic / NOUN: A style of interior decoration that uses furnishings that are or appear to be pleasantly old and slightly worn.
Love the shabby chic look? YA… so doooooo I! A sweetly imperfected style that mixes antique furniture with pastel colours, lace and feminine florals. My SOFT & DREAMY kinda space! A look that embraces sweet imperfections, and highlights the beauty of aging gracefully. My TRUE & REAL kinda characteristics! <3
I instantly know my kinda GAL when I meet them. And this ‘gal’ was certainly my kind when I came across ‘her’! Although somewhat disheveled, she just needed a friend she could count on. A friend that would see past ‘her’ imperfections, and embrace ‘her’ hidden beauties.
My transformation process with my gal:
- Removed original hardware and found some spares I had on hand for missing knobs ~ and began pondering whether to polish or paint
- Removed dreadful green velvet and repaired broken middle drawer ~ I do love green… but NOT in the form of velvet lined drawers
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to remove flaking finish and to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Elegance’ to the entire piece ~ a graceful and stylish delicate blue-grey tone
- Sanded entire piece down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ to the hardware ~ my forever go-to farmhouse white
- Applied 1 coat of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to the entire piece and hardware ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Furniture Glaze‘ in the colour ‘Limestone’ to the entire piece ~ to heighten the distress, and add more depth
- Applied another coat of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to the entire piece ~ necessary before wax application (after glaze), and for even more protection
- Applied Country Chic Paint Antiquing Wax to the entire piece and hardware, putting emphasis on the detailed areas ~ to accentuate the charm, and add some aging depth
- Applied Country Chic Paint Hemp Oil to the interior cupboards and drawers to brighten and rejuvenate ~ 100% all-natural sustainably sourced from Canadian farmers
A shabby n’ chic buffet that oozes elegance, age and charm. A restored and transformed soft and dreamy piece that will play a shining role in ones home or cottage. Placed against subdued and neutral decor elements, this calm and bright piece will offer the sweetest and most charming radiance as a: Foyer Statement Piece, Lavatory Vanity, Hallway Accent, Dining Buffet, Bedroom Furnishing, Living Room Sideboard. Pleasantly old, slightly worn, and precisely my kinda gal.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Shabby n’ Chic Buffet ~ SOLD to Sheridan ❤
DIMENSIONS: 41″ H x 52” W x 22” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️