Back in the day, farmhouses were decorated with whatever was handy and practical. Today, more thought goes into decorating in farmhouse style, however practicality is still an important factor. Nothing should be too delicate or precious — hardy rather, while still maintaining sophistication and style.
Farmhouse decorating is warm, cozy, relaxing, and full of charm and character. It takes us back to a simpler time. A time that I strive to live my best life at. My farm life best life. <3
I swoon my swooniest swoons when I come across moderately-sized antique dressers like this one — well suited for soooo many spaces! I safely tuck them away in my queue, and dream about farmhouse charm for them!
My transformation process:
- Removed mirror ~ for ease of paint application
- Removed hardware, and lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and washed ~ certainly necessary before painting any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Pop the Bubbly’ to chosen areas ~ a charming warm neutral
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Simplicity’ to chosen areas ~ a fantastic, pure white that can brighten up any piece and add serenity to your home
- Copiously sanded down entire piece for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, and highly durable finish
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Furniture Glaze‘ in the colour ‘Smoky Quartz’ to the entire piece ~ to heighten the distress, and add more depth
- Washed and re-installed mirror and hardware ~ original antique charm
Take your abode back to a simpler time with this copiously distressed antique dresser transformation. Warm, cozy, relaxing, and full of charm and character. A farmhouse inspired one-of-a-kind piece that would settle ever-so-sweetly against that barren wall, empty corner, or unfilled nook — that sweet spot in your home or cottage that could benefit from storage and personality accent.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Farmhouse Chic Dresser ~ SOLD to Michelle ❤
DIMENSIONS: 32″+39” H x 34” W x 17.25” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️