“I’m heading out to my happy place!” <3
Words to my family when I’m headed for my loft, where I run my creative furniture restoration business. A space my hubs so lovingly lets me use; alongside his very busy farm shop. 😌
A happy place indeed it is — where much happy dancing occurs! My creative outlet and ultimate form of therapy! I simply adore finding vintage and antique furniture that I can transform and restore into unique, charming pieces for both me and YOU! Doing my part to love our planet — one piece of furniture at a time! 🌏
This preloved and oh-so-charming ‘lady’ was my most recent happy dance project:
My happy dancing process:
- Removed wooden hardware knobs ~ with plans to replace with a far more charming set
- Sadly removed original caster wheels ~ 2 of the 4 were unfortunately broken
- Heavily sanded down quarter-cut oak top ~ in preparation for a two-toned transformation… the finish was so deteriorated that stripping wasn’t required
- Lightly sanded down drawers and body ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Removed drawer bottoms and replaced with new ~ far too much damage to maintain
- Vacuumed and cleaned ~ final prep before the real fun begins
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint‘ in the colour ‘Peacoat’ ~ a VERY dark and exquisite navy blue
- Lightly sanded drawers and body ~ for the farmhouse distressed look I personally adore
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Antiquing Wax‘ to the drawers and body ~ to accentuate the charm, add some aging depth, and for light protection
- Conditioned, stained and varnished top with Minwax products ~ nothing but the best for this quarter sawn oak top
- Purchased and installed new concave drawer stops from RedPosie Furniture ~ an Etsy Shop that I was elated to find… I’ve been looking for concaves for EVA
- Purchased and installed new hardware from Lee Valley ~ aged brass ring pulls that were clearly meant for this piece
A moderately sized piece, well-suited for any space! What a charming statement piece ‘she’ will undoubtedly make in your home or cottage! An antique 3-drawer chest charmed with new brass ring pulls that were clearly made just for ‘her’! A two-toned restoration with a stained/varnished quarter sawn oak top; bowed with lovely curved edging. Heart pitter pattering farmhouse charm!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Pretty in Peacoat Antique Dresser ~ SOLD to Kim ❤
DIMENSIONS: 36″ H x 36” W x 19” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️