I’m just a lil’ swoon over antique washstands! They are especially versatile pieces that can fit into ANY size home or cottage! AND they’re super enjoyable furniture-flips! I’ve had opportunity to transform a few to-date — ‘Jitterbug‘, ‘Driftwood & Cheesecake‘, and ‘Liquorice‘… and was eager for another!
Although small-scale pieces — they most definitely vary in size… some little enough for a bedside table, others large enough for a dresser.
This most recent one I elatedly came across is quite larger than the others I’ve done to-date and currently have stored in my queue — making it quite unique… which resulted in it going right to the front of my paint line, as opposed to being added to my waiting list!
I envisioned a beachy coastal look n’ feel for this piece, and was eager to get started:
- Removed drop-pull handles ~ while pondering whether to replace, polish or paint
- Searched through my hardware for a replacement knob (missing from door) ~ and there it was… like it was meant to be… waiting for JUST this piece
- Lightly sanded down ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and cleaned ~ final prep before the real fun begins
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in 1 of their 20 🎉 NEW 🍾 colours — ‘Fancy Frock’ to the body ~ a beachy coastal sea glass blue
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ to the hardware ~ my forever go-to farmhouse white
- Lightly sanded down for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ this step truly and literally feels like butter
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Natural Wax‘ ~ which I find eases the application of coloured wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint ‘Grey Wax‘ ~ to accentuate the charm, add some aging depth, and for light protection
- Lined drawers with a charming ‘Frosty White Lace’ Con-Tact self adhesive ~ a lil’ extra love goes a long way
An especially versatile piece with a subdued beachy feel that would add waves of coastal charm to your home or cottage. Moderately sized offering a wealth of options — whether you maintain its’ original use as a washstand (install vessel sink easily enough) or diversify it as a small dresser, entryway piece, or large bedside table — this delightful antique is ready and waiting for its’ next chapter with YOU!
❤ This Fancy Frock Washstand ~ SOLD to Ashley ❤
DIMENSIONS: 30.5+7″ H x 33” W x 18.5” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️