“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
Well said Frank. <3
I’m doing my best to age gracefully. I’m not getting old — I’m becoming vintage rather! And vintage to me is most beautiful! <3
Lines on ones face show distinction and character — they show that one has lived and tells you the story of who they are.
🎵 All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I’ve been
And how I got to where I am 🎵
I feel the same way about furniture. Aging furniture accentuates beauty. <3
When I came across this old table, although I felt ‘she’ wasn’t embracing age as gracefully as she could be — I felt she perhaps just needed a gentle and reassuring nudge. A little whisper in her ear, telling her that aging doesn’t have to be a “bad thing”… most beautiful and graceful rather.
To gracefully age this aging table, I got to work with some gentle nudges:
- Removed odd and unnecessary pieces of wood that someone nailed to bottom and side frames ~ hmmm curious to know this part of ‘her’ story
- Gave piece a good cleaning ~ water and vinegar is my tried and true
- Applied 1 thin coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colours ‘Rustic Charm’ and ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ~ rustic combined with delicious
- Sanded with 120 grit sandpaper ~ to expose some of the natural wood
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Crackle Medium‘ ensuring not to over brush ~ a genius product that allows one to mimic the look of authentically aged paint
- After allowing the Crackle Medium to dry for 24 hours, I then applied a 2nd and generous coat of ‘Rustic Charm’ and ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ensuring not to over brush ~ to put the cracked paint effect into action
- Sanded with 80 grit sandpaper ~ to accentuate sweet farmhouse chic imperfections
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax‘ with a wax-brush ~ for a protective and buttery-smooth finish
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ with a wax-brush ~ for an added time-worn touch
- Buffed the wax with a lint-free cloth ~ until it no longer felt tacky and was completely smooth
- Purchased and installed charming new handle for the drawer from Lee Valley ~ hands down my favourite store for hardware
This gracefully aging table has a lot of story left in her! Perhaps her next chapter(s) will be sweetly written amidst yours. She has embraced the lines upon ‘her’ face and is powering forward with a beautiful life. Whether she graces your home or cottage as a charming desk, entryway, sofa, hall, side or end table — she’s sure to keep your pages turning with endearment. ❤
❤ This Gracefully Aging Table ~ SOLD to Pamela ❤
DIMENSIONS: 30.5” H x 32” W x 14.25” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤