Everyone is more than ready for Spring, including this delightful vintage washstand I restored while waiting for Mother Nature to come around. Even ‘she’ has been longing for a bouquet of pink peonies! <3
Every girl needs and wants to feel pretty, and this charming piece is of no exception. Although she likely felt pretty back in her early days, she was feeling quite sad and bleak— longing for a lil’ pick-me-up to bring back her lovely. Please be gentle on her — I’m sure the bright brassy hardware, and retro adhesive drawer liner she held was once considered a nice touch… however not so much today. 😉
Making her pretty again, felt like the arrival of Spring for me — refreshing, delightful and lovely:
- Gave entire piece a light sand, and a good ol’ cleaning ~ water and vinegar does the trick
- Removed bright brassy hardware, and retro adhesive drawer liner ~ some things just gotta go
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Driftwood’ to her body ~ the name says it all
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Cheesecake’ to her drawers ~ farmhouse white at its’ finest
- Gave entire piece a light sand, and distressed in desired areas ~ for a charming timeworn look and feel
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the entire piece ~ for a smooth and buttery finish
- Gave original hardware a refreshing coat of Rust-Oleum ‘Metallic Paint & Primer in One’ in the colour ‘Satin Bronze’ ~ for a fresh new look
- Lined her drawers with a far more pleasing adhesive ~ that can easily be replaced when/if one decides otherwise
And here you now have a very pretty lil’ lady that would make a charming addition to your home. Her size offers so many possibilities, and she even has her original caster wheels! Whether she be a: SMALL BEDROOM DRESSER | GUEST ROOM PIECE | ENTRYWAY TABLE | HALLWAY ACCENT | COFFEE STATION | WASHSTAND — that’s for YOU to decide, and YOU to enjoy in your home! And perhaps you’ll also choose to complement her with pink peonies as I so chose for her. <3
❤ This Once Again Pretty Vintage Washstand SOLD to Angie! ❤
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.