Imagine not what you see, but what it could be!
That my friends is exactly what I did when my oh-so-sweet sis-in-law found this oh-so-sweet, time-worn lil’ lady for me!
🎶 First time I seen her walk by, man I ’bout fell off my chair!🎶
This charming piece was like a pretty girl that didn’t know she was pretty. An antique chiffonier dresser with swivel mirror — that just needed someone to imagine what she could once again be! <3
If you can trust me for a lil’ bit… by the time you finish reading this post I assure you that you too will believe in the power of creative imagination!
Please be gentle on her (this was her when I brought her home):
Please don’t tease her (this was her when I got her naked, removed her tattered and mis-matched hardware, and gave her a lil’ body scrub):
Please give her a whistle (this is her now after I gave her the love she deserved):
This my supportive followers, fans, and customers is the kind of love I’m talking about:
- Removed drawer hardware ~ unfortunately one handle was mis-matched, and most of the rivets were bent beyond salvaging — I have however tucked them away for potential use in a future transformation
- Disassembled mirror and stored away safely for the duration of my project
- Stripped and sanded areas that I planned to stain/varnish with Heirloom® Max Heavy Duty Stripper ~ nasty stuff, however works like a charm and is my go-to furniture stripper
- Lightly sanded areas that I planned to paint
- Vacuumed and washed entire piece thoroughly
- Applied 2 coats stain, and 2 coats varnish to desired areas with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colour ‘Tuscan’, and ‘Fast Drying Professional Premium Clear Finish 1200 Matte Oil Based’
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Peacoat’ to desired areas ~ ‘Peacoat’ is a deep, dark navy blue that can almost look black in pics (especially when finishing with ‘Antiquing Wax’), however I assure you holds blue when you see it in person
- Lightly distressed painted areas with sanding block ~ for the rustic #farmhouse look I desired
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ to the areas I painted ~ for a charming time-worn look
- Reassembled mirror, and installed new hardware ~ which I was oh-so-lucky to find in similar style to her original hardware
And jus’ look at her now! Not only does she 🎶got hips like honey, so thick and so sweet🎶 — she’s got a 🎶body like a back road, drivin’ with my eyes closed; I know every curve like the back of my hand🎶, and she’s now for YOU! You and her can 🎶go way back like Cadillac seats🎶!
You decide how this endearing piece will add a touch of country charm to your home or cottage — whether it be used as a Foyer Feature, Hall Console, Master Suite Accent, Guest Room Furnishing, Ensuite Vanity Dresser, or Other — its’ charming antiqueness, country chic character, and sweet imperfections are sure to delight for years! <3
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.