I love and live a simple life. I chose a simple life, because for me it is the good life. I am happier to slow down, enjoy small pleasures, and am elated and so very thankful to be free from the busy, repetitive and rushed world I once worked amid — albeit a world I learned so very much from.
However… even a simple gal like me yearns for a lil’ extravagance now and then. A desire to go all out, to experience something to its’ fullest, to be outrageous, to GO BIG OR GO HOME! 😉
When this charming set came into my possession, although I could have quite simply chosen an unpretentious colour, I knew that it was most deserving of a sumptuously rich restoration. With this set, it was most definitely GO BIG OR GO HOME! <3
Although in somewhat rough-shape, this set was in VERY solid form ~ just in need of some refreshing. The quality of older furniture far exceeds that of newly constructed furniture ~ it was built to last! To gain a better sense of the shape these pieces were in BEFORE, here’s a close-up of the tops for you:
Once I decided on my exuberant colour, I got down to my exhilarating craft:
- Cleaned pieces thoroughly, removed hardware and upholstery
- Stripped and sanded both the dresser and vanity tops
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Jitterbug’ to the drawers and bodies ~ a deep, muted teal that makes any piece look like it’s fit for royalty
- Lightly distressed drawers and bodies with sanding block ~ for a sweet and subtle country chic effect
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Hemp Oil‘ to the drawers and bodies for a protective seal ~ sustainably sourced from our very own Canadian Farmers! <3
- Stained (2 coats) and varnished (3 coats) dresser and vanity tops with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colour ‘Tuscan’, and ‘Fast Drying Professional Premium Clear Finish 1200 Matte Oil Based’
- Reapplied hardware, and re-upholstered bench
New Space and Lighting for my Craft!
My Farmer (a.k.a. my hubby) and I have been working hard at getting proper staging and lighting in place for photographing my pieces! I am elated to share photos of this set with you ~ taken in my new staging area, with my new lighting ~ both offering you a really good sense of what this charmingly transformed set looks like in person, in natural light, and in true colour! <3
This delightfully restored bedroom set is now looking for its’ new forever home, and I would <3 for you to have it! If you’re among my friendly Manitoba neighbours ~ perhaps slipping out to our farm, for a simple Sunday drive might just strike your fancy?! If so, I’d love that! 🙂
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤