It’s the MOST wonderful time of the year! And no I’m not referring to back to school… although that is somewhat wonderful in itself, isn’t it?! 😉
The summer months on our farm offer ZERO routine… with meals at the table being sadly non-existent! Not only do I love the colours, temps, harvest air and moons during the fall season, I LOVE the return of routine… which includes meals at the table with my family — truly my most wonderful time of year! <3
I came across the most charming set of 4 spindle chairs earlier this year… which was immediately followed by a mission to find a table to go with them! I got lucky a few weeks after, and found an equally charming solid oak table (with 2 leaves). Both the chairs and table had no damage (were just showing natural signs of age), and had been discarded/let-go by their previous owners. I knew that they both had a TONNE of life left in them… all they needed was someone to give them a second chance.
Flipping this dining set into a charming shabby farmhouse chic style, was somewhat time-consuming although very much desired, and easily achieved! Over the past few weeks just as the leaves started to turn and our cereal crops were being harvested, I spent any spare moment I could find doing this:
- Gave both table and chairs a thorough clean with water and TSP
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the most delightful farmhouse off/warm-white colour ‘Cheesecake’ to the chairs and base of the table, followed by a light distress with sanding block
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the chairs and base of the table for a protective and professional finish
- Stripped and sanded table top to remove the former/non-desired glossy finish
- Stained (1 coat) and varnished (4 coats) table top and 2 leaves with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colour ‘Tuscan’, and ‘Fast Drying Professional Premium Clear Finish 1200 Matte Oil Based’
… resulting in what I feel is the most charming farmhouse dining set imaginable, offering YOU oodles of country chic character and sweet imperfections! ❤
I hope the fall season brings you bountiful meals, and quality time with your family! Top it all off with some country chic character, and make this dining set a place where you make sweet dinner-time memories with your family, that you’ll hold dear for all of your days!
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤