is a small wooden cottage
filled with snuggly nooks
a tablecloth your grandma sewed
dusty, well-loved books.
is a candlelit dinner
quilts on a canopy bed
an arch of blooming roses
high above your head.
is charming, old-fashioned
an echo of days gone by.
Modern life is convenient
but Quaint should never die.
— Amy Ludwig VanDerwater
Yes, quaint is an old-fashioned attractiveness and charm that I LOVE, and with the exquisite line of Country Chic Paint products… I am delighted to create an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! <3
I’m sure these 2 end tables were lovely at the beginning of their life, and although their style is no longer one to be desired, all they needed to obtain a new life was a little DIY and TLC.
My DIY process with my best TLC went like this:
- Lightly sanded and wiped down clean
- Tightened up wobbly legs, replaced missing wooden grommet’s and removed hardware buttons
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Happy Hour’
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Crackle Medium’ ~ this very cool product authentically recreates that wonderful antique look of aged paint
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colours ‘Cobblestone’ to the top and ‘Happy Hour’ to the bottom ~ in order for the ‘Crackle Medium’ to do it’s magic, you need to allow it to fully dry and then follow with another coat of paint… you will obtain subtle cracks if you use the same colour of paint, and more prominent if you use a contrasting colour… I opted for subtle for the bottom, and prominent for the top
- Lightly distressed areas with sanding block where natural wear would occur
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ and ‘Natural Wax’
- Reapplied hardware buttons
These now very quaint country cottage end tables should now never die, and they were made for YOU! Be sure to take a look at all the photos… I did my best to capture close-ups that would allow you to see the ‘Crackle Medium’ effect that I so LOVE! <3
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤